Justrite Agent-X is a new generation of smart geotextile fabric using embedded oil containment solutions and technology.
Innovative Geotextile Fabric
Agent-X is made of two layers of a geotextile fabric with Justrite Oil Solidifying Polymers embedded between the layers. This hybrid creates a filtration fabric that encapsulates hydrocarbons and forces them to unsaturated areas of the geotextile fabric. Agent-X is hydrophobic, which allows water to pass through it, and is oleophilic to solidify hydrocarbons upon contact. Laboratory tests have shown great efficiency in removing small suspended oil droplets found in mechanical emulsions making it a stellar performer for oil sheen removal and for final polishing of effluent waters. Agent-X can be used for both land and water oil containment and hydrocarbon filtration.
- Can be used as a component of a total secondary containment system
- Excellent for use under equipment, change out storage areas, and for under mobile transformers to catch drips and drops
- Used as the back outside wall of Barrier Boom oil filtration panels and our secondary containment system
- Quick and cost-effective solution for protecting hard surfaces and ground
- Characteristics of being able to wick and load drips and drops gives it its long-lasting capabilities
- Rated for 200 years of reliable secondary containment
- Extremely resistant to ultraviolet degradation (70%) and to biological and chemical environments normally found in soils
- Light-weight and easy to handle
- Geotextile fabric can be cut and trimmed in the field to secondary containment specifications
- Available in 54 inch by 50 foot rolls and by the square yard
- Agent-X is embedded with 350-450 grams of Justrite oil solidifying polymers or 12 ounces per square meter
- The Agent-X geotextile fabric material has a flow rate greater than 10 gallons per minute per square foot
- Load capacity is 10 ounces per square foot of hydrocarbon / oil containment
- Agent-X is able to remove 90% or greater of a 30,000 PPM hydrocarbon sheen contamination per 10 liters of water per square foot
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Barrier Boom panels made of?
The inside wall of the Barrier Boom panel is a basic geotextile made from a patented blend of recycled synthetic materials that are both hydrophobic and oleophilic. The material wicks the oil throughout the fibers and has a tremendous load capability per square inch. Agent-X makes up the outer wall of the panel. It is made of two layers of a geotextile with Justrite solidifying polymers laminated between the layers. The material itself has a tremendous filtering effect and keeps oil from passing through this unique final outside wall. The polymers fill the void between the outer and inner wall. A unique quilting pattern keeps the polymers from shifting during handling and installation.
Visit the FAQ page to find more answers about secondary containment.