Guidelines for Ordering Factory-Installed Pass-Through Check Valves in a Justrite Safety Cabinet
When you look up the design and performance specifications of a Flammable Liquid Safety Cabinet, whether you reference OSHA 1910.106 or NFPA 30 or FM Approval Standard, you will virtually find the same criteria:
To order factory installed pass-through(s), the end-user customer must submit drawings showing the location(s) of each pass-through. Please use the following rules:
- Designate type of pass-through(s) for each one ordered:
- Pass-through valve for solvents
- Nitrogen pass-through valve
- Identify each pass-through's flow direction:
- Flow into the cabinet
- Flow out of the cabinet
- As a failsafe precaution, pass-through(s) must be located above the container inside the cabinet. The Pass-through(s) and installed tubing should at no point allow fluid under gravity or siphon to drain from the container inside the cabinet to outside the cabinet.
- Cabinet door(s) and top of cabinet locations are not permitted.
- Centerline locations of the pass-through(s) on sides and back of cabinet should be located no closer than 6 inches to any edge to avoid interference with interior sidewalls of the cabinet.
- Justrite will review each drawing submitted and notify the customer if there are any issues.
1) Pass-throughs are made of 316 stainless steel.
2) A 1/4" NPT (tapered) male fitting is required to thread into each side of the pass-through to make your tubing connections.
3) All containers stored in a cabinet for collecting/dispensing liquids need to be closed containers.
4) Liquid dispensed in vacuum will need vacuum relief.
5) This system has been designed for the delivery of high purity solvents in approved bulk packages. Alternate applications should be reviewed by the owner's qualified engineer and w/ the authorities having jurisdiction to ensure safety.